For your convenience, here are the steps to clear the cache and cookies for some common web browsers. Please note these are instructions for the latest versions. If you have an older version of one of these browsers, the steps may vary slightly.
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Tools.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- In the dialog that appears, select the checkboxes for the types of information that you want to remove. (Make sure to select Empty the cache & Delete cookies and other site and plug-in data)
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. (Select beginning of time to delete everything.)
- Click Clear browsing data.
- Quit and restart Chrome.
- Click on Safari > Reset Safari...
Check both Empty the cache and Remove all cookies, then click on the Reset button.
Note: In newer versions of Safari (v5.1.x), these two options have been replaced by a single checkbox, Remove all website data. Checking this will clear both the cache and cookies.
- Quit and restart Safari.
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu and select Preferences.
- Select the Advanced panel.
- Click on the Network tab.
- In the Cached Web Content section, click Clear Now.
- Quit and restart Firefox.
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Select the Cookies check box, and then click Delete if it isn't already checked. Clear or select check boxes for any other options you also want to delete. If you want to keep cookies for your saved favorites, select the Preserve Favorites website data check box.
- Quit and restart Internet Explorer.